National Black MBA
Our Local Vision:
- Establish and maintain an effective information and communications network which will serve the membership and the business community.
- Provide continuing business education as a means of improving and maintaining the skills and effectiveness of the members and support the efforts of those planning to pursue advanced business degrees.
- Provide scholarships for those intending to pursue business related degrees.
- Encourage scholarly research in those areas of business which affect the Black community.
- Provide a service to the community, whenever requested, managerial and technical assistance to Black Entrepreneurs and businesses.
Stay Up To Date & Join Our Mailing List
The number one reason we’ve discovered corporations continue to partner with NBMBAA Chicago Chapter is…
- Direct Access – high level professional talent
- Diversity – entry-level to C-Suite recruitment
- Pre-screening – quality candidates to your specifications
- Private Recruiting – designed to meet your objectives
- Show Immediate ROI – top candidates ready to hire
- Build Your Brand – a reach of more than 3,500 local business professionals
- Market Your Company – to prospective future employees
- Product Awareness – diverse attractive consumer base
The Chicago Chapter looks forward to the opportunity to partner with you to help meet your professional development, branding, recruiting, retention and corporate citizenship goals.
For more information about our partnership opportunities contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find Your Nearest Chapter!
Meet Our Leadership Team
The PRESIDENT presides over all meetings of the membership and at all meetings of the Executive Committee, performs all other customary duties of a presiding officer and an ex-official member of all committees, except the Nominating Committee.
- The President represents the Chicago Chapter before public and other forums.
- The President provides an annual report at the first meeting each calendar year on the state of the organization.
- The President has the authority to create task forces and appoint members to carry out the business of the organization.
Vice President of Programming
The VICE PRESIDENT – PROGRAMMING serves in the absence or inability or refusal of the President to act, and assist the President in the administration of the organization. He/she is specifically charged with ensuring that all standing committees that are under his/her responsibility are properly functioning and that said committees for which he/she is responsible. The Vice President for Programming is responsible for taking on special projects as delegated by the President of the Executive Committee.
J Israel Greene
Vice President of Operations
The VICE PRESIDENT- OPERATIONS is specifically charged with ensuring that all standing committees that are under his/her responsibility are functioning properly and that said committee is adequately staffed to perform their duties. He/she has the authority with the approval of the President to appoint co-chairpersons to the standing committees for which he/she is responsible. The Vice President/Operations is also responsible for taking on special projects as delegated by the President of the Executive Committee.
The TREASURER shall be responsible for the funds of the organization and the disbursal only upon authorization of the membership or the Executive Committee. He/she shall be the custodian of all financial records and bank accounts.
The FINANCIAL SECRETARY reports to the Treasurer and is responsible for keeping an accurate, detailed record of all receipts (including membership dues) and any and all disbursements; and making certain that no money is authorized for disbursement unless there is a corresponding statement or voucher for each check drawn.
The RECORDING SECRETARY shall keep a permanent, bound record of the proceedings of the meeting of the membership and of the meetings of the Executive Committee, and shall make minutes of previous General Membership and Executive meetings available to membership.
The CORRESPONDING SECRETARY shall conduct the official correspondence of the organization, keep and preserve an accurate list of the names and addresses of the members and notify the members by mail of the date and place of the meetings. He/she shall be responsible for the receipt and distribution of mail to the appropriate parties. With oversight by the President and Treasurer, he/she shall be responsible for the chapters, timely communication with the members.
Let Us Help Find Your New Career!
Learn More About Our Committees
EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
The Education Committee is responsible for facilitating the annual Chicago Chapter Scholarship Award process and selection of Undergraduate, Graduate and Doctoral Scholarship winners. The Committee also coordinates various educational programs throughout the year.
The Leaders of Tomorrow (LOT) program for high school students offers mentoring from chapter volunteers. The goal is to help in developing a successful path from high school through graduate school. The Annual Summer Intern reception provides an opportunity for local interns and employers to gain insight on current issues affecting minorities and corporations.
Through expert panel workshops, these programs will reinforce the critical steps that lead to growing a business in today’s hottest market sectors. Whether you are just starting your business or you want to elevate your business to a new level, committee members and program participants will play a vital role in building one of Chicago’s leading communities of business leaders.
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS COMMITTEE
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
- Face-to-face exchange with industry experts
- Exploring most recent business trends and topics
- Expand our membership’s ability to be more effective and successful leaders
Make a Donation
Let's get started